The Great Taste Awards are the Oscars for the food & drink industry
It’s the time of year when producers across the world wait with bated breath to see how their products have been received by the prestigious Great Tasting judging panel.
2021 saw no fewer than 12,000 entries to the leading international food and drink awards. This year the products were in the judging room where, with Covid safe measures in place, each was put through their paces by over 500 judges. The whole process took up to six weeks. It’s a massive logistical operation but it is this level of scrutiny and robust judging that enables the awards to consistently stand out. So, who will be this year’s winners of the highly sought after one, two, or three stars?
Making the most out of your Great Taste Award win
Having worked so hard to gain a Great Taste Award, what should you do when you receive confirmation of your distinguished accolade? Here are some top tips to consider to help spread the news,and ultimately, make the most of your achievement.
1. Prioritise sharing the great result far and wide: For example:
- Share on social media, both in posts and stories. Update your social media bios with your wins
- Use the judge’s feedback as quotes for your social media and marketing material
- Update your website to announce the wins
- Add to your email signature
- Send out a press release to both trade and consumer titles
- Share it with your local radio station and press (including digital)
- Include in any newsletter activity to your consumers
- Include in any newsletter activity to trade customers and incorporate the judges feedback
2. Add the Great Taste winner logo to your packaging
3. Leverage the news to open up new opportunities and to sell into buyers representing outlets where you would like to see your products stocked. Remember GTAs are recognised globally.
Need any help to maximise your exposure?
If you would like any further information as to how to maximise your award win(s), please get in touch as we’d love to help.